I came across some useful tips that would help spice up love relationships especially in marriage. Some of these tips were originally posted by Larry James.
Like any investment, love relationships and marriages require work and time if you want to keep them alive. These tips would point you in the right direction and if you have any more you want to share do not hesitate to leave a comment and bless someone too.
- Men need to grow up. Mama doesn’t live here anymore. Make notes to yourself. Remind yourself to take out the garbage and other things that will keep harmony in your relationship.
- Find TV programs you both enjoy, watch them together and discuss them when necessary.
- Go to bed early at least one night each week. You won’t miss anything and you can spend some quality time with your partner and be more rested and ready to face the world again the following day.
- Simplify your life by getting rid of relationships in your life that drain your energy. Develop some new relationships with people who help build you up, not bring you down.
- Even though you are in a relationship, you must make time for you. Often people forget about taking care of themselves. They become so involved in the relationship they forget about #1. You owe it to yourself and life.
- Be courageous. Be who YOU are. Stop trying to be someone you think someone else wants you to be. Stand up for who you are. Be an original YOU and not a fake replica of somebody else.
- Learn to move past the “small stuff” fast. Don’t linger in the past with something that happened that you cannot change. Forgive if necessary and move on. Hanging on to anger, resentment, etc. is an energy drain. Life is too short. Take time to tell those you love how much you care each and everyday. Let not the sun go down on your anger.
- Stop complaining about things your partner does that annoy you. Instead notice when they are doing something right and offer a sincere compliment with a dash of love and perhaps a hug thrown in and some kisses.
- When things become stressful in your relationship, stop and take a deep breath. Pause. Relax. Ask yourself, “Will becoming more upset about this push me closer to what I want or further away?” Create something constructive to do instead of becoming stuck in your negativity about the situation. Praying and singing praises would be a great idea!
- Let your partner see you with a smile on your face. Be happy. Happiness is a wise choice. Happiness is contagious.
- Design a quiet place to do some serious soul searching. Spend time alone. Think about what you can do to bring more quality to your relationships. Self connect. Who would you have to become, and how would you have to do things differently for your life and your relationships to be a 10?
- Pray together. Couples that pray together stay together.
Work for your marriage and marriage works. That’s the simple message behind the many ideas delivered in Keeping Love Alive. Couples willing to put the time and effort into each other can create the most fulfilling relationship possible.
Keeping Love Alive is a guidebook of insights and inspirations to help them achieve marital bliss. Ideas such as “Focus on giving to your partner instead of getting something from your partner,” “Help your mate feel important,” and “Have lots of couple friends,” are guideposts down the path of mutual fulfillment.